Important Receiving Instructions
1) Inspect freight thoroughly for evidence of damage or mishandling.
2) Note any visible or audible damage on the delivery receipt.
3) Whenever possible, open the container and inspect the contents while delivery personnel are present.
4) If you are receiving truckload freight and are unable to inspect the package contents before taking delivery, please sign “SUBJECT TO INSPECTION”, on the delivery receipt. This will make filing any necessary freight damage claim post-delivery much easier.
In The Event Of Damage:
1) For FedEx Ground, Express or Truckload Shipments: Sign for the shipment, making notes of any visible or audible damage on the delivery receipt and contact us at email@example.com.
2) For Truckload Shipments Only: Refuse the entire shipment. It will be redelivered to us for inspection.
IF THE SHIPMENT IS DAMAGED BUT IS NOT NOTED ON THE DELIVERY RECEIPT (FEDEX GROUND, FEDEX EXPRESS, TRUCKLOAD) OR REFUSED (TRUCKLOAD ONLY), YOU MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH A REPLACEMENT ORDER. If the shipment is signed for as damaged or refused, you must contact our office IMMEDIATELY. Damage claims will not be accepted after 5 days of delivery.
Send Us A Photo:
We are always interested in seeing your finished product and adding it to our photos page. Please help us show the versatility of our product line by submitting a photo or two of your particular project by email to firstname.lastname@example.org